Can I somehow transfer my books from my IPhone on IBook to my Kindle?

Favorite Answer

Probably not. Almost all commercial ebooks are DRM-protected to keep people from sharing, uploading or stealing them. The ebooks are encrypted so they are unreadable UNLESS you are using the ebook seller's own reader (physical or software) and that reader is registered to the account that purchased the ebook. Similarly Kindle books must be read on Kindle readers (device or software), Nook books must be read on Nook readers (device or software) etc.

So it is likely that your iBook is DRM protected, and if it is then Calibre cannot convert it. Also it is illegal to make copies of copyrighted books, even if not DRM-protected.

I recommend never buying iBooks because Apple is the only major ebook seller who provides NO way for iBook owners to read their iBooks on other manufacturer's hardware. They offer no reader software for PC, Android tablet/phone, Windows tablet/phone.

If you buy Amazon Kindle ebooks, there are readers for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android phone/tablet, Windows phone/tablet and some kind of Blackberry.

• Rose D

Nope. The books you purchased through Apple have DRM on them. That DRM has not been cracked. Even if it had been, removing or circumventing it is a federal crime. It's also a federal crime to buy or sell software that facilitates doing so.

You'll have to keep going on the iPhone or buy an iPad for those books, and buy future books from Amazon for the Kindle.