Depreciation of an asset question - re selling self published book?

Update: I've self published a book, the website I've built to distribute it is about to launch soon and so I'm looking at calculating for book keeping and records of sales, profit etc. I've paid to have a large number of book printed in advance - so is depreciation when I take into account the cost of this... show more I've self published a book, the website I've built to distribute it is about to launch soon and so I'm looking at calculating for book keeping and records of sales, profit etc. I've paid to have a large number of book printed in advance - so is depreciation when I take into account the cost of this as an expense each time a book is sold?

So in book keeping accounts should I have a column for each book as an expense i.e. - what I paid to have it printed? Then a column for sold price for profit
Update 2: Great thanks for your replies - I wondered where I would log the initial cost of the book. Going to look into it more now.