Is it wrong that I want to name my kids like this?

Okay so basically, I have come up with a plan for baby names. (I know, I'm too young to be thinking about children but w/e)

So if I have a girl, I want to name her Zelda.

If I have a boy, I want to name him Andy.

If I have twins and one's a boy and one's a girl, I want to name the girl Mila (as in Mila Kunis) and the boy Misha (as in Misha Collins).

If I have twins and they're both girls, I want to name them Nadine and Natalie.

If I have twins and they're both boys, I want to name them Sam and Dean (wink wink).

I'm just making sure that these sound appropriate because my older sister says Misha sounds like a girl's name, and I name my son that she'll call him gay. Misha is obviously a Russian boy's name, isn't it?

• T
    Favorite Answer

I don't see anything wrong with the names at all.

Zelda-- 10/10. It's beautiful, unique, and sophisticated.

Andy-- 8/10. I prefer it as a nickname for Andrew, but still a good name.

Mila and Misha-- 7/10. I love these names, I just think they're too similar for twins.

Nadine and Natalie-- 8/10. Both names are very lovely. I still think they're too much on the similar side, but not to the extent Mila and Misha are.

Sam and Dean-- 9/10. I prefer Sam as a nickname or Samuel, but other than that, excellent pairing. I don't watch Supernatural, but I still approve of a cool fandom name set lol.

Don't listen to your sister. Misha *is* a Russian boy name and if she'd call her nephew gay based on his name, she's just being immature. (Mind you there's nothing wrong with someone being gay, and I don't know why being called gay is such an insult to some people...but it's still immature to try and bash someone with the term.)

Overall, I really like your name choices! =)

Zelda- 10/10 yes that's a nice name

Andy 3/10 ew no

Mila 7/10 good

Misha 0/10 your sis is right that's just gay

Nadine 10/10

Natalie 10/10 I love it

Sam 2/10 I would not do that

Dean 6/10 it okay

I'm surprised so many people didn't get that Zelda is a Legend of Zelda reference and that Sam and Dean is a reference to the Venture Bros. That aside Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda so why not? and Sam and Dean are awesome names. I'm not a big fan of Andy, and to my knowledge Mischa is unisex but I'd say go with a different name, other than that your the parent do what you want.

Misha is a Russian boy's name, but it doesn't sound that common, so it might sound somewhat feminine with someone who's unfamiliar with the name. You can search the name at behindthename.com or any baby naming sites (there seem to be too many), and it will show that Misha is a boy's name.

• Marie

Zelda 1/10 I enjoyed playing the game. I just find it unattractive

Andy 2/10 Andy is a great nickname but not for a full name. Use Andrew as the official name

Mila 9/10 Very beautiful

Misha 4/10 its okay, I just don't care for it

Sam 5/10 I like Sam as a nickname but Samuel is more appropriate

Dean 6/10 Nice solid name

Natalie 9/10 One of my favorite N names

Nadine: 8/10 very cute

Wait until your kids ask where their names came from. Your answer: TV show actors, actresses and video game characters? I would try to be unique with the names but still have good meaning in them. They are your kids after all. Just don't name them low-leveled names like North West (that really irked me when I heard about it). A name shouldn't be something that you just come up with off the top of your head. If they're your children, then they should be special to themselves and for the family. What's the specialty in naming someone Andy when three other people in a classroom have the same name. Personally, I don't like it.

Zelda sounds like a gypsy fortuneteller. If you name a boy Andrew and a girl Zelda (short for Griselda), people will say you named your kids from A to Z. The joke will get tired very fast but that won't stop anyone from saying it when they meet the kids.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER name children after celebrities. You may not be old enough yet to understand why that's a bad idea, but if you've got faddish names and you have to label something, get a tank of fish. Or a couple of hamsters.

If you name kids with the same initial, as my own mother did, you will find yourself stuttering out ALL their names no matter which one you want to call. Happened to my sister-in-law, too - all their names start with J.

Sam and Dean. How original. You do recall what happened to their mother, right? Is that a fate you want to invite for yourself?

A human being deserves a name that is something more than a stupid joke. Think about how YOU would feel if your mom had named you Georgia Paula Lennon because she was a Beatles fan.

You can name your kids any way you want, they're your kids. Like another answer said, if you like them, that's really all that matters!

Zelda, Mila, Nadine, and Misha in particular are all unique names, which makes them really cool

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be named Misha, Zelda, Sam, or Dean. That's really immature. By the time you have kids, those names will be overused, overrated, and annoying.

I think you have some good names.

I tend to agree with your sister about Misha. I bit too unusual as well.

Out of your picks I like:

Natalie for a girl and Andrew for a boy (though he would be called Andy)

Since you mentioned Russian for Misha, I prefer Dimitri

Then you could go with Natasha for the girl

This link has some great ideas (Scroll down) http://nameberry.com/search/?q=Dimitri&search=go