Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 years ago

Which spelling is better: Reese, Reece or Rhys?

1. Which spelling is better? (I can't decide between Reece and Rhys. Reese reminds me of the peanut butter cups.)

2. WDYT of the name? (Just how it sounds, not how it looks.)

3. Which spelling is best for a girl? For a boy?

BQ: 4. What middle names go well with this name? (Girl and boy)

5. Do you like the name (How it sounds) better for a girl or boy?

*Will consider best answer to people who answer BQ also*

Favorite Answer

1. Rhys.

2. I like it :)

3. Rhys for a boy, Reese for a girl.

4. Boys: Aiden, Alexander, Andrew, Anthony, Arthur, Bennett, Blake, Brody, Bryan, Cade, Caleb, Callum, Camden, Charles, Dallas, Daniel, David, Dean, Drew, Dylan, Edmund, Edward, Eli, Elijah, Elliott, Emerson, Everett, Felix, Frederick, Gerard, Henry, Heron, Holden, Hunter, Ian, Jack, Jacob, James, Joshua, Justin, Lachlan, Lee, Leon, Levi, Luca, Lucas, Madden, Marshall, Matthew, Matthias, Maximillian, Michael, Mitchell, Morgan, Nathan, Nathaniel, Niall, Nicholas, Noah, Nolan, Oliver, Owen, Preston, Raphael, Raymond, Reid, Riley, Rowan, Ryan, Sage, Samson, Samuel, Scott, Sebastian, Sheridan, Silas, Spencer, Sullivan, Theodore, Thomas, Timothy, Tyler, William, Wyatt, Xavier, Zachary.

Girls: Addisen, Alexa, Alexandria, Alexis, Amber, Amelia, Anita, Annalee, Ashley, Brynn, Carlie, Carmen, Caroline, Catherine, Charlotte, Claire, Clara, Cleo, Danielle, Darcie, Diana, Eden, Elaine, Eliana, Elizabeth, Ellen, Emily, Emma, Erin, Esme, Evelyn, Fawn, Felicity, Francis, Haven, Hope, Isabella, Isabelle, Jordan, Juliette, Kay, Kennedie, Kylie, Lauren, Leanne, Leigh, Leila, Louise, Mackenzie, Madeleine, Madisen, Margaret, Maria, Marie, Marissa, Melissa, Natalie, Nicole, Olivia, Paige, Rebecca, Robyn, Samantha, Savannah, Selena, Serena, Sophia, Victoria, Willow, Zara.

5. I like it better for a boy, although when paired with a nice middle name, it can be very classy for a girl too.

• 6 years agoReport

I think I like the name better for a girl in general because it sounds softer to me not masculine.

• Cami

1. My favorite spelling is Reece

2. It's not my favorite name, but on the right person, I think it could be really cute (like Reese Witherspoon). It's unique, but not too uncommon where the child would be embarrassed to have it. Basically, while I wouldn't use it, I still think it's a decent name that I wouldn't discourage anyone from using

3. For a girl, I prefer Reece. For a boy, I only like Rhys

BQ: 4. Girls: Reece Caroline, Reece Anastasia, Reece Michelle, Reece Noelle, Reece Isabella

Boys: Rhys Alexander, Rhys Benjamin, Rhys William, Rhys Mitchell, Rhys Zachariah

5. I prefer the name for a boy. For the most part, I only like unisex names on boys (Madison, Mackenzie, Addison, Riley, etc.) because I prefer more feminine names for girls

1.

- Reese: 5/10 I don't particularly like how this looks compared to the other two, it's ok.

- Reece: 8/10 This looks better.

- Rhys: 10/10 I prefer this spelling a lot more. What with this being spelt the Irish way, perhaps I'm more inclined to say that as I am in fact part Irish. Either way, I prefer this.

2. They all sound the same as they are the same name.

3. None of them suit a girl, Reese/Reece/Rhys is a boys' name.

4. I quite like it, simply down to the fact that it's a timeless name and never gets old.

BQ.

- Jacob

- Michael

- Connor

- Cameron

- Jake

- Elliott

- Edward

- Henry

- Harrison/Harry

- William

- George

- Charles

- Christopher

- Christian

5. In my opinion it's a boys' name so I will obviously say that it's better for a boy.

• Snid

Reese for a girl. Rhys or Reece for a boy.

2. It's fine. It's not one of my favorites though i do love Reese Witherspoon.

Reese Janelle

Reese Diane

Reese Maureen

Reese Katherine

Reece David

Reece Keith

Reece Gavin

Rhys Robert

Rhys David

Rhys Frederick

• T

1. I think the spelling depends on whether you're naming a boy or a girl. I'd use Rhys for a boy and Reese for a girl. I'm not fond of the Reece spelling...I'm not sure why. Something about the "c" bothers me. However, if you don't like to be reminded of the Reese's peanut butter cups, I'd use Reece for a girl.

2. I love the name! I think it's fun and cute.

3. I inadvertently answered that in number one. haha But to repeat: Reese or Reece for a girl, Rhys for a boy.

BQ:

4. Middle names for a girl...

Reese/Reece Katherine

Reese/Reece Cassandra

Reese/Reece Marilyn

Reese/Reece Diane

Reese/Reece Michelle

Reese/Reece Eileen

Middle names for a boy...

Rhys Oliver

Rhys Evan

Rhys Levi

Rhys James

Rhys Isaac

Rhys Phillip

5. I have a really tough time deciding...I truthfully like it for both, but if you're looking to narrow it down to one gender, I think I slightly prefer it for a boy.

I love the name. I think it is pretty and not too common. I like the fact that it sounds modern. I prefer the spelling Reese for a girl. I prefer the spelling Rhys for a boy. I like it best on a girl. It sounds soft and sweet which I picture more on a girl. I think of Reese Witherspoon. I have met a few girls with the name, but I have never met a boy with the name. It is significantly more common for girls.

Girls

Reese Octavia

Reese Olivia

Reese Francesca

Reese Jennifer

Reese Stephanie

Reese Kimberly

Reese Tiffany

Reese Epiphany

Reese Savannah

Reese Brianna

Reese Lydia

Boys

Rhys Zayden

Rhys Alexander

Rhys Sylvester

Rhys William

Rhys Benjamin

Rhys Jeremiah

Rhys Christopher

Rhys Tanner

Rhys Xavier

Rhys Mathew

Rhys Nathaniel

Rhys Isaac

Rhys Mitchell

Rhys Elliot

Rhys Hunter

Rhys Jackson

Rhys Owen

Rhys Maxwell

Rhys Jameson

• Hailey

1. Rhys is the proper, and best spelling.

2. I quite like it! It's not overly common, and that's a bonus.

3. Rhys is the only acceptable spelling, and it's only acceptable for a boy.

4. Because it's a monosyllabic name, I generally find that it's better suited as a middle name, but I'd say Rhys Oliver or Rhys Theodore sound good.

5. It is only ever acceptable as a boy's name, because it *is* a boys name.

1. I like Reese best, but if it reminds you too much of a peanut butter cup, then Reece

2. I love how it sounds

3. I like Reece for a girl and Rhys for a boy

4. I like the name better for a girl personally

BQ

girls:

Reece Adalyn

*Reece Antoinette

Reece Isabella

Reece Ember

Reece Madelyn

boys:

Rhys Jameson

Rhys Caleb

*Rhys Alexander

Rhys Benson

*my favorites

1. The only good spelling is Rhys. It's the original, most handsome, most mature spelling. The others are just forced phonetic and childish.

2. I like it. It's handsome yet also simple, and will age well.

3. Rhys is a masculine name, and a masculine name only.

4. Rhys Avery, Rhys Dorian, Rhys Owen, Rhys Emery, Rhys William, Rhys Ivan, Rhys Tyler, Rhys Taylor, Rhys Oliver, Rhys Patrick...

5. Like I said, it's a purely masculine name.

• 6 years agoReport

What's wrong with it being phonetic? It's not like it's spelt all crazy or anything.

1) Reece

2) It's quite a nice name. :)

3) Reece for a boy, Reese for a girl

4) Girl: Reese Aniston

Boy: Reece Michael

5) I like the name best for a girl.