Ben Tate or Trent Richardson? Who would you rather draft in a standard scoring fantasy football league?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ben Tate without a doubt. I'd like to hope that last year's abysmal turnout was just Richardson's "sophomore slump"... but even if that's the case, Colts have a ton of weapons on offense; I don't think they'll be too dependent on Richardson like the Browns will be on Tate. And Tate put up great numbers as a backup, he should do even more as the starter in Cleveland.

• 7 years ago

I wouldn't want either one as a fantasy starter, but I'd take Tate over Richardson for a bench RB. Both of them have issues. Tate is an injury risk. Richardson totally tanked last season. Tate is a starter; it isn't clear that Richardson will be.

• 7 years ago

Neither. But, if I had to take one, it's Ben Tate. Cleveland will be running the ball more than any team this season. It's no fluke that Richardson averaged 2.9 y/c with the Colts, when he was with the Browns he only averaged 3.5 y/c. I don't see him averaging more than 3.7 this year. Both are high risk-high reward prospects, but I would avoid both of them. I'd take Terrance West before I'd take Ben Tate, though.

• Mr R
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I would say it's pretty even as of now. But watch T. West coming on strong behind Tate. You run the risk of West taking the starting spot away from him. Younger, stronger and hungrier. I would go with Richardson. He is a big powerful back and knows the system he is in now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Richardson

• 7 years ago

Richardson has not been with a good team until coming to the Colts last season but we know it always takes a while for someone to learn the system. This should be his best season yet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.