Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 6 years ago

Ace Frehley or Tommy Thayer?

As a kid I've always been a Kiss fan. To me, Ace Frehley is my favorite. Tommy is sort of good . He's ok. There's just something about him that doesn't stand out as much as Ace. I recently saw them in New Jersey with a friend and he likes Tommy more than Ace. I also heard from him that Tommy taught Ace, but I hardly believe that. Some people say Ace was a drunk. I've seen some interviews and he looked kind of depresses, but I like him. Who do you think is the real spaceman?

Favorite Answer

Tommy re-taught Ace how to play a couple of his solos that he'd forgotten (because he hadn't played them in like 25 years). He didn't teach him anything else though.

I prefer Bruce Kulick to either of them. Most underrated guitarist Kiss ever had.

Also, Ace WAS a drunk. That's what got him kicked out of the band. He's been sober for over 20 years now though.

If I had to pick between just the two of them I'd go with Ace, simply because he was the original.

• ?

Hi Ya!

Its been said that Ace was not the best guitarist to ever play in Kiss. Fair enough, each to their own. I myself really do like Ace. Saw Ace and the band at Wembley, London 1980 and he and the rest of the band were great. You may care to read Ace's biography: No regrets, its a really good book and Ace has a really keen sense of humour too.

Music lover, good luck!

i love them both but Ace is the better guitarist Tommy is a nicer person

How can you compare tommy he is a mock. He has never done anything original in his whole kiss scene. How can you even compare the two.