Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Environmental engineers, where do you work?

Any other information would be great. Ex did you go to a community college for your basic credits before you went to a bigger school with an accredited environmental engineering program? What's your salary? And do you enjoy what you do?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • C7S
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I studied Industrial Engineering, but I have a Tri-role in my company. One of my roles is being the environmental engineer. Another is chemical engineer. And my third role is Process engineer.

As the environmental engineer working in a manufacturing facility, I am tasked with the documentation of chemicals, waste management and recycling, the environmental team, energy efficiency projects, reducing usage of chemicals that harm the environment, and more. Our site is a superfund site with contaminated ground water. As the environmental engineer, I am also tasked with the maintenance and monthly sampling of ground water. I have to report the pH and contamination levels to the EPA on a monthly and quartlery basis.

Lastly, as the environmental engineer, I am responsible for maintaining an ISO 14001 standard, which includes maintaining compliance for annual internal and external environmental audits so that we are not fined a fee.

The pay is comfortable. Half of the job is interesting and enjoyable. Half of it is boring.(the half related to the ground water remediation system and monthly reporting)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.