Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Can you believe Robin Williams is Dead?

Since he killed himself is he in Heaven or Purgatory or Hell?

The Bible is about facts: Fact: You don't go to heaven for being good (no one is good enough) and you don't go to heaven for being bad. It is and has never been about Behavior. It is about Belief if Jesus Christ as your savior. Once you believe this, it is God's job to keep you as his own. It is no longer yours. That is why there is nothing you can do to lose your salvation. It was a gift to accept or deny. When you accept you are a Christian. To Reborn quoting the Bible about forfeiting rewards, you are mislead in what is being said in 2 Cor 5:10, there will be shame in Heaven. Jesus died for all sins and shame and when he took your place you will never experience that. You will be given Crowns based on the Christ like deeds you did in the flesh. But the Bible never states you will be ashamed. And for the atheists who claim there is no God/Jesus, you too know the truth and suppress it. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it so. I can promise you with absolute conviction: Everyone will know that Jesus is Lord at some point, even those of you who deny him now. Blessings to all.

• Ron

I read that the cause of death, as stated by the police, was asphyxiation.

Terrible loss...enormously talented and creative person. I enjoy Jumanji, Patch Adams, Fisher King. He seemed like such a humble man.

I am an atheist, so I don't believe he is in heaven or hell. He was, however, a hell of a talent that brought some heaven to Earth.

Source(s): ,

Yep, despite Atheist Anthony who claims a google search said it was a Hoax, I did a Google search too, L.A. Times claims he did.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-robin-wil...

CNN Claims it

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-willia...

Fox news claims it

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/11/ro...

As for the question?

Suicide is, in effect, self-murder. The unfortunate thing about it is that the one who commits it cannot repent of it. The damage is permanently done. We can see in the Bible that murderers have been redeemed (Moses, David, etc.,), but they had opportunities to confess their sins and repent. With suicide, the person does not. But that does not mean the person is lost. Jesus bore all that person's sins--including suicide. If Jesus bore that person's sins on the cross 2000 years ago and if suicide was not covered, then the Christian was never saved in the first place; and the one sin of suicide is able to undo the entire work of the cross of Christ. This cannot be. Jesus either saves completely, or he does not.

Only God knows with certainty (and of course we all hope he is in Paradise), but from a statistical standpoint, he most likely is in Hades awaiting the judgment. (Heaven and hell don't kick in until after the Day of Judgment.)

Mt 7:13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. 7:14 How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it.

• Gary B

It seems apparent that Robin Williams committed suicide, but this has NOTHING to do with whore he spends his afterlife.

Those who claims that suicide is a sin ALSO forget that The One true God can forgive ANY AND ALL sins, except that of ailing to believe in God. Failing to believe in God is The Unforgivable Sin. ONLY those who die while still in the mental sate of failing to believe in, or even out-right rejecting, God WILL go to Hell.

Unfortunately, about 90% of the propel in the world do not TRULY believe in God. They SAY they do, but is that really true? Jesus say that the way is narrow and FEW FIND IT.

And, as evidenced in many of his persons interviewees, and even in his standup comic routines, it is questionable whether or not Mr. Williams believed in God.

But the more important question is, will YOU go to Heaven so that you can find out the truth for yourself?

• User

Here's a news article from a reliable source

http://abc7news.com/entertainment/actor-comedian-r...

Perhaps it isn't appropriate, but I'm much more disappointed that James Garner is dead.

• Misty

I am so sad to hear it. Such a talented man.

If it's true that he killed himself, he is in God's hands. We don't know the state of his soul or his mind, only God does.

I pray that God has mercy on him.

He who kills himself is destined for an after-life in hell! I didn't like saying that but it may well be true. God refutes suicide as you remove yourself from the life he created.

I'll weep for him when I have time to process it, I suppose.

I think of him, playing that beautiful character, Patch Adams:

"See ya, Robin."

He's in neither place. He's food for worms. Sad to hear this, I always liked him.