Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Should Barack Obama make donating blood mandatory for United States citizens?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kira
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, of course not.

People should be able to SELL their blood . That would take care of all shortages.

The blood banks get it free and sell the blood for a huge profit. How much sense does that make !

• ...Show all comments
    • Kira
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

People GIVING blood don't get 100's of Dollars for it.
      The blood bank gets it for selling it to hospitals.
      Yes , you are right , I have never donated blood .

• Login to reply the answers
  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I am a regular blood donor. You have NO MECHANISM to deal with that many people showing up to be tested, screened, and either drained or rejected to return in 30 days.

IN addition, anyone who doesn't want to give only has to skip a meal or two or have an extra cup of coffee before the donation trip.

it's a labor of love; never work as a mandatory requirement without a huge and expensive reward process ...assuming such a law were ever declared constitutional....which of course it could never be.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

My personal story: twice in my life, so far, my life has been saved by transfusion. So, having a reliable blood supply is something I think it important.

At the same time, I am unable to give blood due due to my medical condition. I'm sorry this is the case, but I understand the need for exemptions.

So, as long as we have a reliable blood supply, I see no reason to have the President (or Congress) actually mandate it (for those that can give). But, if we have a crisis, I can the government giving inducements to giving. Not necessarily a mandate. But looking at ways to increase the supply.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

If I were to add one more mandatory thing in the United States, it would be to make it mandatory for someone to have a valid birth certificate before running for President.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

What and have iron clad proof. There is no African Blood of any kind going through

his body. Now wouldn't throw a tad bit of a wrench into his legacy. Along with the

outing of a complete fraud to the black community of the world.

• 6 years ago

Why would our nation-saving, economy-growing, recession-reversing, American-people-protecting, auto-industry-rescuing, revenues-generating, deficit-slashing, healthcare-insurers-reforming, war-ending, banks-Wall-Street-regulating, borders-securing (see whitehouse.gov and click on Immigration), disaster-relief-expediting, grieving-Americans-comforting, deeply patriotic, highly intelligent, and incredibly patient President Obama do such a thing? The suggestion is ludicrous.

We have elected ourselves a truly good man and a quietly powerful nation-saving leader, so back off with the vitriolic propaganda-spewing attacks while our nation remains at war on foreign soil!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Sure. As long as its his and the machine is set to draw 14 pints.

• 6 years ago

Of course not.

a) that's not in his power; 2) it would be WRONG.

• 6 years ago

Only liberals, they do not donate now.

• 6 years ago

That's why he uses the I.R.S. so effectively against conservatives. The I.R.S. are blood suckers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.