Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 years ago

Is it true that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist before he was elected president?

I am South African and in the SA schools, they teach us different stuff than people in other countries. They taught us that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and killed many people. Now i dunno if it was true, but i saw this YouTube video explaining a lot about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7HyuLPWF9I

Youtube thumbnail

It makes pretty good sense.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is true. Those who say no obviously do not know history.

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC (African National Congress), which was a terrorist organization, and the South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilizing terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists. Here are some highlights

-Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983

-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December 1985

-Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988

-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986

-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988 – limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya instead

-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987

-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3 June, 1988

Tellingly, not only did Mandela refuse to renounce violence, Amnesty refused to take his case stating “[the] movement recorded that it could not give the name of ‘Prisoner of Conscience’ to anyone associated with violence, even though as in ‘conventional warfare’ a degree of restraint may be exercised.”

Two of the ANC’s biggest donors in the '90s were Colonel Muammar Gaddafi of Libya and President Suharto of Indonesia . Not only did Mandela refrain from criticizing their lamentable human rights records but he interceded diplomatically on their behalf, and awarded them South Africa‘s highest honor. Suharto was awarded a state visit, a 21-gun salute, and The Order of Good Hope (gold class).

In April 1999 Mandela acknowledged to an audience in Johannesburg that Suharto had given the ANC a total of 60 million dollars. An initial donation of 50 million dollars had been followed up by a further 10 million. The Telegraph ( London ) reported that Gaddafi was known to have given the ANC well over ten million dollars.

He wasn't taken off the US terrorist watch list until 2008 by President George W. Bush.

See the Youtube video of the members of UmKhonto we Sizwe (MK) singing "Kill the Whites". Mind blowing how many people have set him upon a pedestal and idolize the man for his atrocities.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Mugaby

Kenyatta and

Mandela were called Terrorists and as they say one mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom fighter

• 5 years ago

It has been the fashion for many decades now to call anyone who fights for equality for his people to be called a terrorist. Armourer is right: One man's terrorist etc.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

I just wonder if it's a good idea to check whether what you are taught in school is correct by watching You Tube videos and posting questions here.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.