Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 6 years ago

Uverse mutes randomly and won't unmute unless I restart the box?

Uverse has been muting itself randomly with this big mute icon I've never seen before. Nothing happens when I try to unmute it and I have to keep resetting the box to get the sound to work again. It seems to happen randomly whenever I press the info button on my Uverse remote. Uverse has also gone to the "Press OK to watch Uverse TV" screen when I press this button. It's starting to drive me insane! Are there any ways to fix this problem permanently?

This advice came from another person and has been helping me with the same problem (something to do with IR noise between remote and receiver).

Here are instructions to unmute the Uverse box and get the TV control volume working again:

To control the speaker volume of the motorola box itself:

1) Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote

2) Press the "OK" button and release it and the AT&T key at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.

3) Type 955. The AT&T key will flash twice

4) Press "Enter"

Now you can turn your motorola box all the way up using the volume buttons. Once you get it set how you want, we need to set the remote back to control the TV volume instead of the motorola box. To do that:

4) Press "TV". The TV light will flash twice

Either the box or the remote are going bad. If you have another uverse remote try it. If not, call their cs and they will troubleshoot. If they can't fix it remotely, they will send you a replacement box.

It sounds like a software fault, you will need to contact the manufacturers for help.