A
Lv 7
A asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 years ago

POLL How to unclog a toilet when the plunger doesn't work?

everytime I flush, the water rises higher and higher, I had to dump out the toilet water with 1-2 full buckets..i used the plunger many times and it's NOT working, I tried adding dishsoap into the toilet and flushed but the water just pushes back up. How can I unclog it myself when the plunger's not working?

Update:

please I want serious answers! would using your hands really work, I don't want to resort to that....

Update 2:

it was not flushing right because of toilet paper... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

go buy a sewer snake and run it down the toilet and it will push the blockage out then it will be working again

• 6 years ago

If a plunger does not work, it could be a drain blockage quite a way from that toilet.

You may have to lift the drain covers and check if water is backing up outside the building - it could be tree roots growing in to an underground pipe & blocking it.

A drain 'snake' may work, but it depends how far away and what type of blockage it is. Roots will re-grow unless you use a root killing cleaner a every few months.

• 6 years ago

If you can put some gloves on...maybe dig out the toilet paper? Otherwise, maybe put some more dish soap and let it set for a while and try again. Does it go down at all with time, or is it completely clogged?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You shouldn't have clogged up the dang toilet in the first place!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Stick your arm around the U bend something's probably stuck there....

• 6 years ago

You can try different things.You can try a coat hanger or a snake. Please read this advice--it has lots of into: http://www.wikihow.com/Unclog-a-Toilet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.