Why do liberals allow Roman Polanski to make films, but not Mel Gibson?

For those who don't know, Roman Polanski drugged and raped a teenaged girl and then fled the authorities. He is still wanted in the USA.

Mel Gibson once said a mean thing while drunk. He also made a massively successful film about Jesus, a big no-no in Hollywood.

• Shiloh
    Favorite Answer

Because they are still angry with Gibson for making the mega successful film, Passion of the Christ.

As for Polanski, some people seem to stand on the side of

p e d o p h i l e s. Polanski is criminally charged with raping a young girl and that's why the coward is hiding out in Europe. He's only tough when it comes to children, as most child rapists are.

I am a proud liberal but I have no particular say in who makes a film. Gibson's last movie, The Beaver, came out in 2011 and it was a complete flop. Usually if someone makes an unpopular movie it's hard for them to make another movie after that.

Because libs generally agree with the methods and habits of one Roman Polanski, and many of them even participate in similar activities

On the other hand, Mel Gibson is a conservative Republican... and those two facts alone are enough to anger libs

Good luck, my friend

• justa

If he lives overseas, he's not answering to any American political side.

And Mel has done more than engage in one drunken case of 'in vino veritas". He's a long time member of a strict interpretation of Roman Catholicism. Almost medieval in its thinking.

And Mel has made other films. Since his drunken rant. I have no truck with Polanski either, I do think he's scum.

I strictly forbade Polanski from making films.

Mel gibson has made more films than roman polanski. Looks like he was allowed.

Perhaps it's because Polanski makes classic and enduring films (that continue to make money decades after they were created) whereas Gibson makes terrible, pretentious, self-righteous films that glorify Mel Gibson.

• Libs claim 'he lives overseas', gloss over that whole 'commited a crime here, then fled the authorities' thing.

Libs say gay sex or sex between a president and a subordinate is ok, but apparently with them sex with an unconsenting minor is no problem either.

Where do you live, that other people control who may make films?