which is worse in a Christian eye. Atheist parents who dont teach their kids about any God, or a Hindu parent teaching about the "wrong" God?

I know your going to say they are ALL going to your Hell. But you ONLY seem to pick on Atheists and i would think your God would be more mad at teaching the worshipping of Genesha, a "false" Deity.

if you were a God and there was a family not teaching about you to their kids, and then another family teaching their kids that there is something else that is really who you are, wouldn't that make you more mad. so why don't you Christians go after them as hard as you go after us Atheists. Or you never say you Hindu's are going to Hell.... just, you Atheists.

Favorite Answer

First one. I once had some fundie Christian tell me that I would be a bad parent because I am an Atheist. Her own children were taken into the system for child endangerment later that year, as her children were severely mistreated and her house was a filthy squalor infested with beetles and dog faeces. She was even on our local news a few years ago.

I dont know why it matters.

The way I think the christian God would percieve it is

That a Hindu parent atleast attempted to teach thier kids something spiritual even if it was false, however, The Atheist parent knowed about all Gods yet turned thier back on all of them and did not attempt to give their kids any type of spiritual foundation.

Have you ever heard the quote

"Its better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all."

Same objective applies---> TRY or TRIED being a key word.

I think the Christian God would know this and understand this.

What about Christian parents teaching about the "wrong" god? There are thousands of different Christian sects all of which disagree with each other, some violently. Before Christians start pontificating to other religions or to atheists, they should get their own house in order and decide which of the many Christian religions is the correct one - and then they can all worship that particular variety of god. Until then, Christians have no more idea about what is the one true religion than anyone else.

• Steven

Hindu parents would infect their children with the idea of unfounded belief, and would merely need a conversion to Christianity.

Atheist parent would inoculate teh children against myth and teach them the reasoning skills they need, making any sort of conversion much more difficult.

So, atheism, surely, since it makes the kids a hardened target.

Probably for the same reason I seem to pick on Christians. They are more prevalent in my immediate society. And seeing as how I share servers with a large part of countries that are mostly Christian, I would come into contact with them far more often than other faiths.

But to be clear, I would pick at the beliefs of all theists, not just Christians, I just know more about them.

Similarily, for Christians, they probably come into contact with atheists more often than Hindus. Or muslims, or jews, or buddhists, or whatever have you. So they probably pick on us more since they know more about us.

• Liddel

I'm not in the habit of predicting anyone's after life circumstances.

Peace be with you,

lp

They're both equally bad, no sin is greater than the other. And I don't appreciate you saying "your hell" as if we're some lunatics. And it's not "your God" it's all of "our" God including you whether you choose to believe it or not he still loves us all the same. Another thing we don't pick on aheists lol it's funny that you would play victim. I would never tell anyone they're going to hell because frankly that's not my call. That's up to God, he's the final and only judge.

• Archer

To answer your question one would need to enguage in a lot of speculation and posses little actual knowledge of what happens in other's households.

Atheists are just a more immediate problem around here lol .. but seriously i tend to agree with you .. Atheists are like a blank canvas .. ready to be painted into whatever flows down the pike ..

how about, christians that teach kids about god and force them to church and then turn around and be hypocrites and neglect and abuse their children, thats sounds worse to me

Source(s): everyone would be better off without had never been taught about that bible nonsense