sort of a religious question to both atheists and Christians...do you believe in?

Update:

astro projection and if so how does that confirm with your beliefs or non-beliefs?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not until Science come up with an explanation.

But something similar really does happen during Near Death Experiences.

There is peer-reviewed scientific research on Near Death Experiences (NDEs) from the Lancet (one of the world's oldest and best known peer-reviewed medical journals), the Journal of the American Medical Association, and other studies that provides evidence for the existence of a transcendent soul.

During NDEs:

+ Patients report seeing data that should not have been accessible to them in their brain-dead states, and which is subsequently verifiable. (1)

+ 80% of patients blind since birth can see during their near-death experience (later they clearly describe verifiable things that they have never seen. (2)

+ Patients encounter with transcendent beings (loving white light, Jesus, deceased relatives, etc.). (1) (3) (4) (5)

After NDEs, there is a measurable absence of death anxiety in both children and adults. (6) (7) (8)

References:

(1) van Lommel, MD, Pim; van Wees, Ruud; Meyers, Vincent; and Elfferich, Ingrid. 2001. “Near-Death Experience in Survivors of Cardiac Arrest: A Prospective Study in the Netherlands.” The Lancet. Vol. 358, Issue 9298, pp. 2039-2045 www.thelancet.com

(2) Ring, Kenneth; Cooper, Sharon; and Tart, Charles. 1999. Mindsight: Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in the Blind.

(3) Moody, Raymond A. 1975. Life After Life. (New York: Harper Collins).

(4) Moody, Raymond A. 1988. The Light Beyond. (New York: Bantam Books).

(5) Moody, Raymond A. 1993. Reunions: Visionary Encounters with Departed Loved Ones. (New York: Random House.)

(6) Morse, MD, Melvin. 1990. Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children. (New York: Random House) 1992. Transformed by the Light. (New York: Ballantine Books).

(7) Morse, M.; Castillo, P.; Venecia, D.; et al. 1986. “ Childhood Near-Death Experiences.” American Journal of Diseases of Children, 140, pp. 1110-1113.

(8) Morse, M.; Connor, D.; and Tyler, D. 1985. “Near-Death Experiences in a Pediatric Population.” American Journal of Diseases of Children, 139, pp. 595-600.

See also:

MagisWiki http://magisgodwiki.org/index.php?title=The_Human_...

With love in Christ.

• 6 years ago

No, one of the reasons I'm an atheist is I don't believe in the magic gods need to exist. This pretty much excludes believing in astral projection as well.

• 6 years ago

Astro projection?

What kind of new-age garbage stuff is that?

I do not need to know anything about this astro-projection to know that god is a logical impossibility.

• 6 years ago

Nope. I don't believe in souls, so how could it leave your body? I believe in hallucinations caused by oxygen deprivation that simulate an "astral experience," as has been demonstrated in a laboratory.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Astral projection? No.

• Possum
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

No. And it's called "astral projection."

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

astro turf, yes - - - - astro projection, no.

• as the atheists are so fond of saying..... Prove It !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.