Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 6 years ago

Are Abec 7's good bearings?

I've had a Mayhem board for almost a year now, and I saw that the bearings are Abec 7's. Are they good bearings to have? If I have and ride my board for a long time (months or years), will they get more loose and become faster or slower? And are Red's bearings good? I've heard they are. Are they much better than Abec 7's?

Favorite Answer

I've used both ABEC 5s and ABEC 7s in the past. The 7s were the smoothest and fastest, almost too fast. They will last a long time if you do proper maintenance on them. Not sure about brands anymore though.

Get red's. I have them on my arbor and they're way faster than the abec 7's that were on it before. Plus the reason I got the red's was because 2 of my abec 7's exploded and completely fell apart while riding. Thus making me eat pavement. Red's offer a nice speed, spin for a while and a great ride. PLus they take lots of abuse

I had red's and found them to be nice. Most bearings will become faster as you break them in unless they become damaged.