is she controlling?

My girlfriend gives me 2 bottles of cologne from her ex husband..now i never wear cologne..she then proceeds to tell me not ask me to not wear the cologne to work.as if this magic potion will draw all the ladies in lol...i wear it anyway in defiance of course because i was told not asked. So i wake this morning and fine the cologne missing from backpack..shes already called me today and mentions nothing about...is she trying to establish control?

Favorite Answer

I see 2 things here. First, she is obviously turned on by the smell of this cologne since her ex wore it and now she wants you to wear it for her. Second, she thinks so highly of this fragrance that she believes it will lead you to cheating because women will not be able to resist you. Since you went against her wishes she took it away from you. Strange behavior I must say.

I think it's kind of tacky to give you her ex's cologne to wear. If she likes it she should have said nothing about her ex and just bought you a brand new bottle and asked you to wear it for her.

I would say she is insecure and a bit on the controlling side but nobody can tell to what extent from this one incident so keep your eyes open. Does she wear perfume when she is without you? If so then it is a double standard for her to forbid you to wear cologne when you are not with her.

• .

She gives you something that used to belong to her ex, and tells you when you can/cannot use it.

You go against her wishes, solely to spite her.

Is either of you actually old enough to be dating or using this site? Doesn't sound like it.

• Tony D5 years agoReport

I know your a woman....she wears perfume i bought her to work everyday. So why cant i do the same..this is about control

She is narcissistic, controlling, and insecure.