A bit confused about this section in Craigslist?

So I was on CL looking for a TV and other electronics and i'm new to the website. Now in the homepage I just notice there's a section where Women can meet men, men could meet women, or even men with men as the same with women. In the section there's also misc romance and casual encounters missed connections, etc. I check them out in curiosity but notice that in the casual encounters section there's many women asking for someone to sleep with and post quite an awful amount of pictures of themselves, you know, and they give their number or the option to respond to the ad.

I'm a bit confused about this because isn't what they are doing considered prostitution? Most of them say that they want some action for one night with nothing in exchange. Also, are these ads real or fake? i find it hard that someone would ask a random person for such favors. What do you think about this? Have you ever responded to an ad? Also some women want relationships, is this real too?

Favorite Answer

Those are usually escorts. Craigslist used to have an Escorts section but got rid of it, so the hookers now post in the dating and casual encounters sections

OR those are sex chat lines and by calling you are being billed up to $10/minute

NO real woman looks for men on Craigslist because too many have been raped and even murdered.

• Bob

You'd be surprised at what people will do. It's not prostitution unless money is exchanged. Based on your question I would suggest steering clear of it.

Source(s): Retired Police Officer.
  • M.

Well, I think its prostitution disguised as something else.