promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do you think of Lutherans performing gay marriage in their church?

I thought this might be extremely interesting to Protestant Christians since Lutherans & Martin Luther are their theological forebearers. Seems to be heresy to the highest degree

'Extremely blessed': Two women get married in Belleville church

July 19, 2014

A Belleville church played host to a familiar scene recently: Aisles lined with flowers, friends and family wiping tears, a beautiful white gown topped with a veil, a dapper black tuxedo and a minister leading the vows.

But it wasn't a typical wedding June 21 at Peace Lutheran Church in Belleville. The wedding of Carol Scott and Darlene Batten might have been the first same-sex wedding in a Belleville church.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2014/07/19/3310004/we-feel-extr...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Marriage according to our Lord is between a man and a woman not between two men or two women. This is what the Lord says to those whom don't listen to His words.

Matthew 7:24-29

“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock. And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”

When Jesus finished these words, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes.

Matthew 19:4-6

He said in reply, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no human being must separate.”

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

And as I said, the Matthew 19 verse doesn't say anything against gay couples. So any assumptions we make beyond the text are purely assumptions, and certainly not grounds to deny equal rights to so many in the name of God.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

There was a wedding in a Lutheran church, what's to think about?

• Rick G
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Since Lutherans have been teaching false doctrines for centuries, it does not surprise me that they join the homosexual bandwagon. Their faith is dying, and membership is in decline, so they need to be popular with someone to get them back into their churches.

• 6 years ago

"Unrighteous persons will not inherit God's kingdom." 1 Corinthians 6:9

Source(s): The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
    • Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

The Greek word in that verse is "arsenokoitai", and it probably refers to pedophiles and/or male prostitutes, not gay people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

What's Lutheran?

I'm Christian and my pastor would never perform

A homosexual marriage. It's not right.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Secondly, the Hebrew word translated as "abomination" is "to'evah" which means "ritually unclean". If Leviticus actually said "abomination", it would have said "Zimah". Zimah is used to describe things like selling your daughter into prostitution, but it's not used to describe homosexuality.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I don't think anything of it. It's their business.

• 6 years ago

MOST LIKELY THE ELCA, A LIBERAL SECT OF LUTHERANS. OTHER LUTHERANS WILL NOT ALLOW THIS.

WHAT IS YOUR REAL MOTIVATION FOR ATTEMPTING TO PUT DOWN ALL PROTESTANTS, LUTHERANS AND MARTIN LUTHER OVER ONE ISSUE THAT A SMALL PORTION OF LUTHERANS ARE DOING?

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

@Holy Shroud of Turin: There are many LGBT-affirming Christian churches. The Lutheran (ELCA), Episcopal (ECUSA), Presbyterian (PCUSA) as well as the United Church of Christ and Metropolitan Community Churches are allow same-gender weddings and gay clergy.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Awww cute

• 6 years ago

Lutherans yes, But I am NOT Lutheran, but Assembly of God (Pentecostal), as I have said, a Time will come when men shall not endure sound doctrine.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

You need to acknowledge the fact that there are faithful Christians on both sides of the debate. Just because some Christians interpret the Bible differently than you do doesn't make them any less of a Christian than you are.

• 6 years ago

Good for them! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.