T asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 years ago

not sure what to do to help labor to start?

So I am in such pain. I have a hernia in my belly button area and I am 9 months pregnant. I am constipated for the most part. With my intestions poking through the hernia I need to go more than a little bit every few days. I have taken stool softners and fiber not working. I just took two fiber laxatives. By doing that can I go into labor?

• D

No, but you can harm your baby. Easy on the laxatives. Those can go through your system and you will wind up with a baby with meconium aspiration. You can not start labor on your own. I know hernias are really difficult but you are almost there. Drink tons and tons of fluid. Get some walking in if you can. If you are really stopped up talk with your care provider about it.

TRUE TO THE ANSWER ABOVE ME GET OFF HERE AND TRY TO POOP CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DOCTOR ALSO IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET THAT BABY TO COME ON OUT LETS JUST SAY THE WAY YOU CONCIEVED IS THE WAY TO GET IT RELIEVED LOL DO IT COWGIRL STYLE ALWAYS WORKED FOR MY SISTER AND SHE WALKED LIKE AN HR AT A TIME FOR THREE TIMES A DAY