Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 years ago

How can i make more friends at school?

I moved to a new school in 8th grade. I made some friends right away, but I had like. nothing in common with them, so i started to ignore them cause they were starting to really annoy me with all their "swag" and "yolo" stuff. and we had none of the same interests. so yeah i don't talk to them anymore, i have made a lot of acquaintances, but I don't think i can become close friends with them because they're all such quiet and boring people with no social life and they focus too much on school and our interests aren't very close. I am a very quiet and shy person, and people say I look really cute and nice, and when i become close friends with someone, they usually think i'm totally cool and badass. i'm not the kind of person who focuses on school a lot, and i hate even thinking about school. I really like anime and stuff, but i hate most of the popular ones like naruto and DBZ and one piece. I usually don't like fat people. i know that's almost like, racism, but there's just something i really hate about fat people. and i don't like people who have an unoriginal sense of style. basically my only friend at school is my girlfriend. so i need more close friends to hang out with cause i feel like i'm becoming socially awkward or something, like i'm becoming even more shy. what kind of people would i fit in with, and how would i meet them? please help~~~

• NL
    Favorite Answer

Join some clubs and show an interest in the kids in your classes. Get some of the kids together and all go out to a movie and maybe the next time roller skating.

• NL
      6 years agoReport

My sincerest thanks to you . Best of luck at school !

Try to talk to more people in class let's say you have tables talks to those people and just try to make friends in class then work your way up

Stop being so judgmental and feeling your opinions are some how superior to others and try harder to fit in.