jewish folks? to support Israel will give me blesses?

I have a question many evangelical Christians preach to support Israel will give you blesses, I am not against Israel, I support the peace but I was in a website where jewish say they are children of david how is that? I learned the jewish were children of Abraham and Isaac but not of david and they blocked me, so jewish people consider themselves descedants of david?

well I don't know in a jewish website they say don't mess with the children of David, and evangelical pastors say to support Israel gives blesses that's the reason USA is a big country because they support the state of Israel.

Favorite Answer

> to support Israel will give me blesses?

Israel fights only when driven to do so by attackers who want to conquer it and kill out Israel's ENTIRE Jewish population (80% of the total population)

and install a Islamist theocratic state (this is the official policy of Hamas - that Hamas representatives quite clearly present each time they are interviewed)

Every human being who believes in justice and peace should therefore support Israel regardless of any religious beliefs.

...but yes -- if you believe in the promises of the Hebrew Bible -- then certainly there are clear statements there that support for Israel (which in the context should be read as not just "the

state of Israel" but the entire "people of Israel" -- ie: the world Jewish community) is always the right thing to do.

> "children of David"

The Jewish people are the children of the 12 tribes of Israel.

David's line are "the once and future" rightful line of rulers of Israel.

While a good number of Jews are descended from the family of David, it is certainly quite wrong to say that all of the Jewish people are descended from David.

However -- in a traditional poetic metaphoric manner -- "the rightful king" is "the Father of the nation"

(heck - for Americans, our first generation of elected leaders were "the Fathers of the nation")

So - unless you went to some weird cultic site,

any statement that we are all "children of David" would be a metaphor --

same as when Americans call George Washington our father.

If you support Israel it wont give you blesses because the Israeli army is killing over 800 civilians right now.

Im Jewish but idk much about this... We are not children of anyone