Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

why does Rod Stewart say he is Scottish?

Favorite Answer

I did not know this . I like him :)

• Elle

Both my parents are Irish, my surname is Irish, most of my family have Irish first names, I have long, dark curly hair and I have green/amber coloured eyes so have Celtic physical traits, but as I was born in England then I'm English but my ethnicity is Irish. Ethnnicity is obviously different to nationality. I think I could apply for Irish Nationality and an Irish Passport if I wanted to and play sports (if I was able to) for Ireland or England, professionally. Many people feel a great connection with their ethnicity and ancestry, why shouldn't they? It's who they are and without their ancestors they wouldn't be here. I wouldn't let it bother you. I like Rod, Scottish or English.

• ?

Stewart is a Scottish name.....and there is a specific tartan plaid for the name Stewart.

My Grandmother was born in Scotland but went to America.......but our name is quite Scottish, and we have our own tartan colors too. I am American, of course, but there are large Scottish communities in the North East........and their festivals are a hoot . I Always loved Bagpipe music and honeymooned in Scotland.

If his parents or grandparents were Scottish......I am sure he relates more to that culture.....and heard that accent growing up,. as opposed to relating to some inbred royals in England.

Source(s): Scotland Forever! The queen can bite us.

does he?? or do the Scottish or uk media? like scots saying sean connery is proud to be Scottish, well how come he left when he got a few quid ( before bond), and lives in the carribean? yet hes a face for "vote yes).......lol.

L is in scotland ! Scots took throne many centuries ago, England in name only

I'd supply you with a simple answer if it had any sort of effect on, or even random interest, to my life.

• Amy

I don't know why he does it because you are quite right.

Cause he's a cheesy copy-cat faker.