Luc asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 years ago

Learning Russian in Kazakhstan?

I am a 15 year old boy moving to Kazakhstan. I have a very high interest in learning Russian, which is highly spoken there. I live in the United states now and have since I was 4 and only speak English. I am a very motivated person and have always wanted to learn Russian. Now I know it will not be easy, but I have 3 more years of high school (In Kazakhstan) and I also plan to study the language in college if everything goes to plan. I was just wondering what it will take. Is it possible? How hard will it be to learn? I am going to take Russian classes in school and have an out of school Tutor, along with our housekeeper who only speaks Russian. So will living expat for 3 years in Kazakhstan be enough? I hear Russian is a very hard language to speak and wright fluently. I know very few words that I have managed to pick up on the internet such as Hi, goodbye, thank you, and other short phrases and words.

Any Tips? Any help?

Best Answer

It will be easier to learn Russian in Kazakhstan than other place because Kazakhastan is close to Russia and has more Russian speakers ,and Kazakhstan use slavic alphabet

• Diman

In Kazakhstan, a lot of people talking in Russian. Also there are many Russian lives. Maybe there are Russian language courses. In any case, you will find the opportunity to practice spoken language.