Jennsen asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 years ago

Ingrown toenail?

So, I had an ingrown toenail removed about three months ago, and it is about 3/4 of the way grown back. I just started a new job in a deli where I am on my feet A LOT and now the nail is starting to become ingrown again. What do I do? It is not fully grown yet, so I don't know how to handle this. I also don't have a day off to visit the doctor for another week and a half, and although the pain isn't intolerable yet, I know it can get there REALLY quickly. Help!

The nail is not even fully grown back yet. It only comes up about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up from the nail bed, so no chance at all of cutting it yet as it is not separated from the flesh.

Here is the overnight cure! Get a rubber or balloon soak a piece of gauze in strong vinegar wrap the nail cover with the rubber so the vinegar dosent leak. Next morning the toenail will be soft like rubber lift the nail away from were its embedded with a credit card.flatten out the nail so its no longer curved into your flesh and hold it flat while you go soak your foot in warm bakeing soda water!

For 5 minutes. The nail will stay flat! The only side effect is mild irritation from the vinegar

• John

Soak the foot in warm water Jennsen, following the ER nurse's advice, do this until the skin is pliable so when you wedge up the edge of the new ingrown nail it will move easier so as not to cause you too much pain.

With the edge of the nail raised up insert a very small piece of cotton, from a swab or a cotton ball, but very small, and slide it under the nail with an antiseptic cream like Neosporin as a lubricant and as a protective coating against germs.

This cotton buffer needs to sit just under the edge of the nail, be as small as possible and buffer the nail to keep it separated from the tender toe.

And larger shoes will help a lot here as they will allow a band aid to be wrapped completely around the toe and to allow room to relieve the pressure between the toe and the shoe.

I have been doing this to one or the other of my large toes since I started going door to door selling Insurance in the 1960's. It still works today, just as it did then.

Just watch the size of the cotton buffer; if it's too large it will hurt you anyway, the same if it's too small as it won't offer the buffer you need between the toe and the nail. A little trial and error will work the fix for you.

And just in case you can't raise the leading edge of your nail you can take a small piece of cotton, coated like I mentioned earlier and put it between the toe and the edge of where the nail will be once it is completely grown out. This will buffer the toe from coming into contact with the nail and keep it from hurting you too much. In fact, without having to place the cotton under the nail it may be possible to keep it from hurting you at all, just make sure to put it just above where the nail touches the toe.

I have only had a toe nail removed one time, and that was enough for me.

Good Luck Jennsen!

John Morris

Source(s): Healing the natural way at www.youredge.us
  • Amiel

Always cut your toenails straight across. Never cut the corners. It will tend to cause the nail to become ingrown. You need to return to that doctor as soon as you get a chance. That toenail shouldn't be growing back at all. The doctor should have put some medication on it to prevent it from growing back. Try soaking your foot in some Johnson's Foot Soap. It's a powder that will help to take some of the soreness out of the toe. Talk to your boss about it. He/she may allow you to wear an open-toe shoe on the affected foot until you can go to the doctor. I hope it gets better and congratulations with the new job:)

Source(s): ER Nurse
  • ?

try soaking it and trimming out the corner

Source(s): Ingrown toenail treatments http://podpost.us/issue/february-2013/article/top-...

See a doctor