Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 years ago

Title for someone in lawsuit?

Right now, I am a layman who, long story short, has been screwed over by my former landlord, so I'm preparing a pleading to go pro per in court against him (unless someone in the LA area wants to help me write it pro bono LOL)... Most of the problems involved my [now] ex-girlfriend, who for multiple reasons (including lack of familiarity of her rights and "feeling guilty", not to mention shes's visiting family in China for 6 months and already left), does not want direct involvement in this lawsuit, but most of the sequence of events did involve her and will be hard to explain sequence of events without naming her. So, at this point, if I am Plaintiff, my landlord is Defendant, his wife I don't know the name of is Doe 1, Inclusive... What is my ex considered?

So if I am understanding it correctly, I can put her as say...

"Jane Smith (known hereinafter as "Witness 1”)..."

"On the night of July 7th, Witness 1 called Plaintiff while crying..."

...Or do I just put her name? When I do put her name, is that her full name (e.g. "Defendant yelled vociferously at Jane Smith after"), or is it OK to use just a first name or just a last name (e.g. "Defendant provided Smith's false translations" or "Jane was accosted by Defendant")?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

This is accurate: "Jane Smith (known hereinafter as "Witness 1”)

Source(s): My job

pro se, if she is not a party, then she may be a witness. If she is not a party or a witness, she is nothing.

• Janet Pierce
      6 years agoReport

Some states use pro se, some use pro per. They mean the same thing.