Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 5 years ago

What do you think of Menton, France as a place to study in for a year?

I am australian and love the outdoors, adventurous activities, natural beauty as well as art history, and culture of all kinds really.

I am leaning towards mention, france for my exchange but my other options include Dijon, Paris, Reims, Nancy and Poitiers.

What do you think based on your personal knowledge and experiences?

*Menton

Favorite Answer

Menton is nicknamed "the pearl of France" and has the advantage that it is by the sea, in a very picturesque region which is also mountainous, so since you are keen on outdoor activities you will find plenty of those to do. Basically you would find culture in stacks in all the cities where you have a choice for your studies because the whole of France has culture and history in abundance wherever you go. In Provence you will find anything from Roman or medieval architecture in good condition to cultural festivals of various kinds and a rich folklore. Transport in France is excellent and relatively cheap so that you would be able to visit other places of interest in the region easily. Provence offers a cornucopia of interesting things to do, heartbreakingly pretty villages sitting round striking old churches or perched on top of steep hills, lavender fields and flowers in profusion. The climate there is pleasant even in the winter though there may be rough winds now and again due to the proximity of the Alps, and hot in the summer.

You can have a look at the variety of interesting things to be found in Provence on this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provence