Does anyone think Dominion is a bold return to SciFi?

Since the SciFi channel became the SyFy channel real unique and creative scifi shows have been few and far between if not non existent. I miss shows like Farscape and Battlestar Galatica, quirky and edgy. That's rare now, everything you see is lame reality shows. I want Eureka back and another great spinoff of BSG. Dominion in my opinion has great potential but it's not quite there yet. What do u think, is Dominion a great new hit?

Favorite Answer

I also wish SyFi did not cancel Eureka for "Defiance".

I'm not sure 'bold' is the right word from the station that brought us "Shark Nado". It might be called "daring" because religious groups traditionally look to be offended by any representation of their religious icons.

The story jumped right in and reveled a lot of plot in the first episode that in my opinion could have been held until we learned more about the post-apocalyptic world and grew to like the characters. (Too often I have seen book or shows jump right to world or universe crisis to create 'drama'. A bit more character development would have been nice.)

To my surprise my wife seems to like the Michael Bay show "The Last Ship". It's slower but you start to like the characters. I would call this show more SciFi and "Bold" rather than a strange mutant/angel/survival/slam on society show like Dominion.

I like Dominion

I wouldn't say it is unique.

Hey i'm here for the first time. I came across this question and I find the answers really valuable. I hope to give something back and assist others too.

• Rose D

I watched one episode, over my husband's objections. He actually has a higher tolerance for bad TV than I do, and he wanted to turn it off halfway. It was so bad neither of us could cope.