Provisional Patent?

Hi

How long does it take to get a patent pending id after sending in your Provisional Patent application?

Anyone know how this works?

thank you

• Patent
    Favorite Answer

When you file your provisional application for patent you have "Patent Pending" about 60 millisceonds AFTER they take your $65 online. THEN.. you have a year to file a follow on utility that calls your PPA into play.

HOWEVER, to get your actual APPROVED utility patent comes only after a number of office actions and when your patent is GRANTED, and that can take from 6 months (in a really good case) up to 2 years.. Aaaaargh!!

If you have a VIABLE invention then it is a good idea to protect it.

Do you know about the Provisional Application for Patent? It only costs $65 and was designed by Congress to give individual inventors a chance at bringing their inventive ideas to market easily. It is SUPER EASY to do..

If a provisional application for patent looks like the right thing for you to do then take a look at a website that shows EXACTLY how to file one using a video format. Either Google or YouTube Provisional Patent Video or PM me and I will give you links to consider. I notice you do not have your email turned on in Yahoo or I would have sent it to you..

I do not want to put links in here because lawyers delete my posts when I do.. go figure! They do not want you to know how easy this is! You can email me at dave.korpi@gmail.com too if you want as well!

There are LOTS of ways to move forward with your invention. I would caution you away from paying ANYONE ANYTHING until you COMPLETELY understand what and when they will give you what you want.

DO NOT pay anyone $5,000 to start your invention... Not even invention companies until you COMPLETELY understand exactly what they will do for you. I have talked to way too many folks who have spent from $1800 to $5000 to get nothing.

Not to worry.. there are ways to get what you want ant YOU can do it yourself, for the most part, and it is fairly easy to do everything. Just know the USPTO if a branch of the Federal Government and the Federal government wants YOU to be a millionaire so you can pay taxes. Therefore, the Federal Government, via the USPTO, makes it EASY to file a Provisional Application for Patent. Extremely easy.

Please don't use the phrase "provisional patent". There is no such thing. A provisional application has absolutely no enforcement value until and unless you file a non-provisional application and are granted a patent.

It usually takes a matter of a couple of minutes from when you have uploaded your application file until they send a "filing receipt" with a date stamp and serial number. IF you're filing on paper (for some reason), it may take 5 months or more, so you should enclose a self-addressed, stamped, 'receipt' postcard that they can date-stamp with the serial number and return it when they open the package.