The search results information and format from trending seemed to have changed why?

When I clicking on a trending person, I expect to find a newsworthy reason why the person is trending, but now it appears their facebook link, twitter, and so on are returned. The reason they are trending and any news is now harder to find. This seems to have gotten worse in the last week. It is a bad as sport... show more When I clicking on a trending person, I expect to find a newsworthy reason why the person is trending, but now it appears their facebook link, twitter, and so on are returned. The reason they are trending and any news is now harder to find. This seems to have gotten worse in the last week. It is a bad as sport figures results have always been. Let's say Baustita hits 5 HRs yesterday. The search gives link to MLB stats, the team web pages, and jersey sales, but you don't easily see what they did recently to be trending. I know with sport figures they could be trending just because they have been playing well, but not always.
Update: Update: It appears that I was just being unlucky. Some trending searches come up news. However, still searches are only given facebook, twitter, and other such things and no news worthy information.