Should i confront this guy on Craigslist? I have his address?

So a couple weeks ago i sold a item on Craigslist. The guy gave me fake $100 bill and fled. So i looked up his phone number on Craigslist and found him selling some stuff. I contacted him with a different phone number saying i was interested and got his address. I already files a police report but i dont think the police will help me. Im hoping a officer can come with me for safety but i dont know if they would help me. So now i know where he lives and i could call him up for one of his stuff for sale and confront him. Should i do it? And is there any way for the police to help me?

Favorite Answer

no, you don't know who this guy is, and what he is capable of. once around where i live, a couple went to someones house to pick up what they bought from them on Craigslist. they were murdered by the sellers. do not trust people online, and you could truly be brutally beat up and possibly end up dead.

• Mark5 years agoReport

I guess you're right Its not safe to go. But im positive its his address i looked it up and its a house. Even used google street view. He even told me its his address. And why would he give me a fake address if he thinks im gonna buy his stuff?

• Mike

Turn in the information to the Secret Service and let them get him for counterfeiting. I would not confront him physically. It isn't worth the risk.

I doubt a small police agency would use up valuable man power tracking down a petty criminal. Who you should have reported your counterfeit money to is the US Secret Service. They are in charge of tracking down counterfeiting enterprises.

Good way to end up in the hospital. You know he's a crook, why put yourself in harms way? You don't know if he has a gun or not.

Yeah, let him know you won't put up with his bs. Bug your eyes out and sound very threatening.