Drug testing and second hand marijuana smoke?

My boyfriend, as well as my two roommates, are heavy marijuana smokers. I, myself, don't smoke or eat it at all. They smoke it in the house without opening the window or turning the fan on, and my boyfriend smokes it in the bedroom under the same circumstances.

I end up smelling it pretty heavily at least once per day, but I never actually smoke it or feel any effects. Can this be enough to get THC into my system and mess with the drug test? I have a job interview in 4 days, and they require a drug test. I really need this job!

Also, do those at home drug tests the sell in the grocery stores work well enough to detect it?

Yeah just stay away from them for time being, and drink tons of water to flush out the system. Wont be in your system like theirs, but I'm sure you'll still register a small amount. If you aren't a heavy smoker (which you aren't) it only takes few days to be cleared from the system anyway, so you shouldn't have much, if anything, to worry about. If it was me I'd load up on the liquids just to be safe though.

No, you cannot test positive on a drug test from a second-hand smoke. On a drug test, they are looking not for marijuana itself, but for its metabolites that suggest that the body interacted with the weed and metabolized it. You will be fine.

Shouldn't be in your system. But drink so much it dilutes the test and if it's so small like that you should be good.