Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 6 years ago

Good books to study for a person wanting to go into the medical field?

I heard Gray's Anatomy by Henry James is good but what else would you recommend. I really want to study a lot so I can know some information beforehand. My only bookstore that is near me is Barnes and Noble.

Favorite Answer

Gray's Anatomy is fine to look at for curiosity, if you can get a cheap copy of it. I think in college, my bookstore was clearing out old copies for $10.

You'd be better off heading to a library and reading JAMA (it's a medical journal). If you want to look at some college textbooks for different chemistries and biologies, ok, go for it.

• BBG

Are you totally ignorant?

Henry James is a classic novelist and nothing to do with Gray's Anatomy.

Gray's Anatomy was published in 1858 and was written by Henry Gray. Perhaps we have learned a bit about anatomy since then.

No, don't waste any money on such a book. First of all, you won't understand it, and most likely it's not the required text anyway.