Was this homeowner justified in shooting a 15 year old girl for "TP-ing" his car?

A possible teenage prank had deadly consequences in Little Rock, Arkansas. A 15-year-old girl was shot and killed, CNN reports, and a 48-year-old neighbor now faces first degree murder charges.

Willie Noble heard noises in front of his home, and then he came outside to find his car vandalized.

According to reports, there was toilet paper, leaves, eggs and mayonnaise on the vehicle.

Seven teens in a car tried to flee -- including Adrian Broadway, who was in the front passenger seat. But Noble reportedly came out with a gun and started shooting.

Broadway was struck in the head and died at a nearby children's hospital.

http://abc13.com/archive/9435955/

Favorite Answer

No, they were just kids, and he could have taken his car to the car wash for $10.00. This will end up costing him a whole lot more money in legal fees, his freedom, and maybe his life. What is shocking is the comments below the article. They all seem to think that it was okay to kill the kids for TP-ing his car. Who hasn't done that when they were an adolescent.

No, of course it wasn't justified. I'm sure even the guy who did it is sorry now that he did it, if not for remorse then for the consequences. The article doesn't say anything about the man's background one way or another, whether he had any mental illnesses or criminal background, but this is the problem with mentally unstable people having guns. It only takes a second to pull a trigger, and once a person dies, there is no going back, they are gone forever. It's possible he had a clean background, but given that he shot someone in cold blood for TP'ing a car, I seriously doubt it. This happened in Arkansas, a red state where just about anyone can own a gun, and this is the inevitable outcome of that policy.

• dfsfsf

Yea I could never justify using deadly force to defend personal property. My co-worker here seems to think it's justified, I think he's an idiot.

Funny thing is if this happened in TX, it would probably be a clean shoot.

Some people might call it instant justice.

• ?

Obviously not...why is this even a question?