Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

Should I buy henna, or naw?

Hair Henna not body art henna... I want to get dark brown from lush but I don't know if I can be bothered to do all that henna stuff on my hair. Do you know any pens that I can use to colour my hair? My hair right now it's quite dark already, affected a bit from the chloryine so in places it's a bit more yellowy-orangey but my natural colour is a darkish brown.

Favorite Answer

NEVER mix Henna with store bought dye!

Henna, for example, is a natural hair color that is incredibly drying to the hair shaft, Begoun says. And cosmetics scientists at TheBeautyBrains.com say that henna will only temporarily tint your hair. Although most so-called natural hair-color products use fewer chemicals than most drugstore hair colors, experts say that any change to natural hair color causes hair damage. Experts suggest using the gentlest formula that will yield your desired color and using it as infrequently as possible.

Herbatint & Naturetint are two permanent hair colors that use a smaller amount of hair dye chemicals in conjunction with natural ingredients. Both have fairly decent ratings at MakeupAlley.com (though each gets only a handful of reviews).

Here's a new article I found re: henna, which is supposed to be better for you than reg. box dye. It's a good read!

Google: Henna for Hair Warnings.

If you’re using Henna which says it’s going to turn your hair from black to blonde, then it seems like your using compound Henna, which is not 100% natural. Without getting too scientific, compound henna is when you mix the Lawson in with a chemical like, metallic salts. The most commonly used ones are Copper, Lead acetate and Nickel. This can arguably damage your hair, leaving it dry, brittle and coarse.

BRUNETTES & HAIR DYES PERSONALITY/Health risks:

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone."

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer. No allergies here, OR hair falls when I was dyeing my hair, but I had frequent migraines, the 1st one lasted 14 hours. My mom & sister also have breasts cancer, and I'm trying to be chemical-free as much as I can and watch what I put in my body. Mom started perming our hair in the 60's. Mom had bloody noses for 75 years, and doctors didn't know why, but she was diagnosed

It depends on what the girl looks like. I such as both, but I'd say blonde typically goes well with everyone. Some can't pull black off.

I find blonde hair with pale skin to be attractive, and dark hair with tanned skin to also be attractive