Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 5 years ago

Do you think I have leukemia?

I have been getting sick a lot lately since about 6 months ago, I've been on and off sick with different diseases. On the 4th of July, I came to a point where I had to go to the ER from almost passing out, was throwing up & had pretty bad headaches, I didn't tell them about my other symptoms. So they pretty much just sent me on my way. I've been having some pretty bad spleen pain and I am waiting for blood tests to come back from a recent trip to the doctor. Here are my symptoms: bruising that is random, I am not so hungry as I usually am and I get full fast, headaches just about every single day, spleen and rib pain on my left side, rapid heart rate, I'm always tired and weak, I lose my breath very quickly, I woke up with horrible pain in my right foot/ankle. My bones are always hurting. I know that you guys may think I'm self-diagnosing myself, but I'm really just curious. It's a bit strange to have that big of a bruise on my forearm with no explanation. Also, I weighed about 115 and I'm down to 111. I'm 17 years of age and a female. Any information can help me!

Best Answer

When did you have blood work done? If it was more than 24 hours ago, then your doctor does not think you have leukemia. When a teenager is suspected of having leukemia, things move quickly. Blood work is ordered to be done stat, and results are back within a few hours.

• 5 years agoReport

Yeah, they were actually worried about it. Turns out to be Mono, they said that Leukemia and Mono share some similar symptoms. Thank you.

Pray tell ... what is "spleen pain?"

No, it doesn't look as if you have leukemia. Looks like you banged something pretty hard, though. Looks like a painful bruise.

If you went to an ER but didn't tell them "all symptoms," then you're just someone looking for attention. Why did you bother to go? Why did you waste the ER staff time?

A four-pound weight loss is not a big deal.

Ask your mom to make an appointment for a check up.