Homeland Security Major?

Hi yall, I'm currently a high school senior hoping to join the ATF or FBI one day. I've been shooting for homeland security major for awhile now (probably double majoring with communications ) , but I'm a little concerned about how the major has a reputation for being too "narrow".... show more Hi yall,
I'm currently a high school senior hoping to join the ATF or FBI one day. I've been shooting for homeland security major for awhile now (probably double majoring with communications ) , but I'm a little concerned about how the major has a reputation for being too "narrow". Also, I'm planning to join the police force first for couple years before trying out for the federal law enforcement. However,many on the internet seem to believe that homeland security is a waste of time since, according to them, does not help my chances with the police or the agencies. So what do you guys think? Would double majoring in communications and homeland security prove to be a positive influence in my future career? I also speak 3 languages and plan to minor in another if that helps. Thanks!