Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Why is the Middle East always in a constant state of chaos, instability and humanitarian crises?

Everytime I scroll down the news headlines and see a story featuring Iraq, Syria or Israel/Palestine, all I read about are people dying and Islamic extremism. The last article that I read used the word "bloodletting" and since then I have never looked at any news feeds coming from Iraq.

I have never heard good news from that part of the world.

Favorite Answer

That is a VERY long story.

First of all, realize that the peace and prosperity we enjoy in the developed world is a relatively new thing historically speaking. Thousands of years of human history (more if you include prehistory), and only in the last 75 years or so has the west looked peaceful like it does today. Europe used to be the scene of constant wars between monarchs and empires.

The middle east hasn't really benefitted from this era for alot fo reasons. You could blame the British, French and Americans in the postwar era when the middle east was carved into nations based on making sure that similar groups that hated each other (such as Sunni, Shia, and Kurdis) were placed in the same nation so they would compete internally rather than externally.

You could blame a laundry list of brutal dictators who are uncommonly long-lived because of oil wealth that causes them not to fall as frequently as tyrants in resource poor nations. Thus the frustration and anger over oppression builds up longer.

Recently, several of these long-lived tyrants have fallen, and because the US committed insufficient forces and was not willing to keep them there, a power vacuum has emerged that is pretty ugly. If you're going to knock over dictators, you ought to be willing to stay and secure the area and send enough troops to secure the area. We weren't willing to do either as it turns out.

There are many more factors as well.

Muslim cultures are now the worst overpopulating ones. As they strain their economies with ever more excess people the pressure to march off on conquests for more land and resources grows ever greater.

The same happened a century ago and many times before then. Then severe economic strain, growing rebellion (like now), and expanding numbers of revolutions and civil wars finally led to world wide wars of conquest.

We are headed in that direction again but salt water rice crops might again delay it as tripling of grain yields by the same Philippine agricultural scientists did in the 1970s. That rescued us from the building conflicts then. Stupidly the world tripled its population since and now the scramble is on again.

Source(s): For decades I studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions. I began that because of confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist anti-military and anti-capitalism indoctrination in the universities. I continue a forty year quest looking for some truth in the pile of stinking crap a wide variety of bigots made by blaming people or practices they don't like while excusing people or practices they do like regardless of where the fault really lies.

The tribes and religions in the Middle East have deep fundamental differences and are often at odds with each other. On top of that, Europe ****** over the entire region drawing up national boundaries in the middle of the 20th century.

• Batman

Lack of education, lack of infrastructure, tribalism and more importantly its hard to nation build when you literally grow up in a warzone. Think about the people who are supposed to be on their way to lead that country, they have been living in near constant war.

• Peace

People are always taking away their lives and independence

Culturally they are still in the 13th century.

Religion. Corruption.

one word POLITCS