Do I need a root canal?

I am obviously going to get a x-ray and going to the dentist (I have an appointment in two days) to see what is going on but I would like some piece of mind before hand. So here are the symptoms: hurt while biting down for 2 days, slightly red on my top gums, my jaw hurt for 2 days. My mum thinks my wisdom teeth... show more I am obviously going to get a x-ray and going to the dentist (I have an appointment in two days) to see what is going on but I would like some piece of mind before hand. So here are the symptoms: hurt while biting down for 2 days, slightly red on my top gums, my jaw hurt for 2 days. My mum thinks my wisdom teeth are just coming in since I can feel them on the right side of my mouth (where the redness is). The weird thing is: the guns on the bottom right side of my mouth don't hurt and arent red, but the tooth next to the wisdom tooth does. On the top right side of my mouth my gums are slightly red and slightly sensitive. I can also feel the tip of the wisdom teeth coming out on both areas. I have no swelling, I can now open my jaw and bite down with very little pain despite not taking pain killers in two days, surely the pain doesnt go away and is much more severe if I needed a root canal?. What do you think?
2 answers 2