I'm a high school student about to apply to college. Which transcript do I provide to my college? Do I have to provide my 11th grade year?

I had personal problems so I was unable to keep my grades especially high. Can I just give them my 12 grade year? I've never done this before.

Favorite Answer

As a college advisor, I think I can help. The college will ask for an official transcript to be sent to them at the time you apply (with all your grades up to that point), and again at the end of the year (if you are accepted) to ensure you passed all your final classes. Depending on your high school you either hand in a form to them detailing what colleges you want to send your transcripts to and they send it directly to the college in a sealed envelope or they hand you the sealed envelopes directly and you then mail them to the colleges. The official transcript includes ALL your grades (9th-12th) to that point, along with your GPA. You cannot omit a year. Most college require that they list all your grades from 10th to 12 grade (since they mainly look at these), but most transcripts automatically include 9th grade as well. Hope this helps!

Your high school transcript is mailed by your high school to the colleges where you are applying. They will send a complete transcript -- grades 9-12. You don't get to pick and choose which grades you want them to see.

• Ashley

Amaretta and Vanessa are correct. Your high school will send your transcript to the colleges you're applying to. You have no control over what is shown on your transcript; it's prepared by your high school, and it will include all of your high school classes/grades from freshman year up until this point.

You have to provide all four years. You cannot just leave a year out because you did bad. Maybe at the interview ( if there is one for you college) you can tell them why your grades are like that and they might give you a chance.

what Amaretta said but she forgotten something.. When your high school mailed the high school transcript to you you give that to your college don't open it just give it to them just like that..