Are east asian actors not good looking enough in American movies?

I thought this article about the lack of asian actors in asian stories was interesting - http://jezebel.com/5992922/why-arent-asian-actors-getting-leading-roles-in-hollywood I think after Brandon Lee's death, the excitement for asian actors and martial art films seemed to have declined. Jackie Chan sort of... show more I thought this article about the lack of asian actors in asian stories was interesting -

http://jezebel.com/5992922/why-arent-asian-actors-getting-leading-roles-in-hollywood

I think after Brandon Lee's death, the excitement for asian actors and martial art films seemed to have declined. Jackie Chan sort of made things exciting in the Rush Hour films (although he said he is not a fan of any those films). I sometimes wonder what would've happened if Brandon had lived...same with his dad Bruce. Would they have influenced the American movie industry to cast more asian actors in asian stories and even in some non asian stories? We have a mixed raced president, the demographics is slowly changing in the U.S. I don't see that at all happening in American movies. TV programs are a little better...if anyone bothers watching those programs.

I wouldn't waste your money on the upcoming live action of TMNT movie produced by Bay. There's been so many movies about it already. I don't know why Hollywood keeps bothering with it. Besides...I find the majority of Michael Bay's films very generic and too cliched.
Update: @Brian If you notice, martial art films seem to be the only genre that makes asian guys as heroes...that's not a bad thing, even though it's a stereotype, at least it's more positive. The negative stereotypes would be Ken Jeong characters, Robe Schneider films, Han from "2 Broke Girls" TV... show more @Brian
If you notice, martial art films seem to be the only genre that makes asian guys as heroes...that's not a bad thing, even though it's a stereotype, at least it's more positive. The negative stereotypes would be Ken Jeong characters, Robe Schneider films, Han from "2 Broke Girls" TV show, William Hung etc etc...surprisingly youtube viewers seem to fancy PSY with Gangnam style. Although, I'm not trying to bash PSY, but stereotypical comedies seemed to be the norm for asian men.