Papoi asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 years ago

What does "No Era Penal" mean?

I've seen it in meme, but I don't know what it actually means.

Best Answer

Have you seen the game of Mexico versus the Netherlands? In the game there was like 8 minutes left and I can't remember if Mexico was already winning or it was a tie but the point is that it looked like Mexico was going to win when Robben a player from the Netherlands throws himself since he "tripped" but the Mexican player claimed he didn't touch him but the referee called it a penalty and from that penalty Netherlands scored a goal which made Mexico loose and got them out of the World Cup thus causing the "it wasn't penalty" memes and endless Robben memes. Robben even admitted after the game that the player didn't touch him but it was already done Mexico was out which made us all very sad ;(

Source(s): Saw the game and was also sad because I thought Mexico really had a chance this year!
    • Son5 years agoReport

Where the memes are coming from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M605p5Fm1g

Yes, like Rain answered, it means "was not a penalty".

It has been uttered a lot by people who (like taco luver) thought that the call __made by Trained Professional Referee__ regarding Marquez's defense, was unfair.

To clarify, Mexico was not in the lead. It was tied 1-1. And yes, Marquez did make contact with Robben's foot. (Soccer players livelihood is made with their ankles and feet. Analogous to surgeons and their hands. If I were a soccer player and someone was coming at me with a cleated foot, I would react to that too.)

Also, "taco luver", Robben did admit to overreacting to another attempt on his ankles earlier in the match, but not the one at the end of the game. So, let's get the facts straight. It's understandable to be upset, but regardless of whether you thought it unfair, it was the call. And that is the sport.

Another thing to consider... "why would Marquez stick out his leg on an obviously belated challenge when Netherlands star Arjen Robben was about to lose control of the ball?" : http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4209/mexico/2014/06...

• M5 years agoReport

HAHA! You're right! Anonymous should watch "fairytale World Cup". In fairytale World Cup, the refs are evil and biased. And the people of fairytale Land whine and whine about how corrupt they are. But there is no hero to save them from the Actual Outcome.

If you wish to show your son or daughter simply how to learn then Children Learning Reading from here https://tr.im/MOdQb will help you.

Children Learning Reading is produced by small classes, enough to put up the eye span of a small kid but can also be powerful enough to show the child to read — also at an extremely early age.

This program relies around a concept called phonemes, which are (in very simple terms), the looks which make up words we use within our daily language. This system tries to teach your son or daughter to read by first accumulating your child's capacity to see and understand the phonemes that make up daily words. Once your son or daughter may do this then they've all the equipment they have to start creating feeling of new phrases, that'll subsequently make their examining skills stronger and stronger.

It was obviously not a penalty! Yes Marquez made contact with Robben but he over reacted by a little tap. He dove to the ground which caused the penalty. Everyone knows that Robben exaggerates over everything so it was obviously not a penalty

It was a penalty. Contact was made, these pictures don't do this justice. Mexican fans are just biased. It was questionable but it was not out of the question.

I heard this all the time in facebook so I decided to search about "NO ERA PENAL" mean. Hahaha

NO Definitivo, no era penal

It was not a punishable offence (in law). It was not a penalty (in soccer).

Don't really know what to say

• Rain

was not a penalty kick