Stepping into the stock market. As a beginner, how am I doing?

Around two weeks back with zero stock market knowledge, I noticed I have around 25K lying in my bank which I didn't need immediately - thought of trying my hand at the stock market. I read a lot of articles on Investopedia to understand the terminologies and risks/profits related to stocks, Mutual funds, ETFs, Bonds, Gold etc. I watched few videos on youtube to know more and went through yahoo finance to see the history of stocks. Read brokers' reviews and opened an account with a broker who I thought could be a good fit for my requirements. Since I won't be playing an intra-day or intra month and will be planning on holding my investments over a very long period, I bought all the well known stocks like MCD, YUM, PEP, KO, Cerner. Also bought IAU (Gold ETF) around 10% of my portfolio. Bought three well performing Vanguard Mutual funds.

While I had absolutely no knowledge about what and how's of stock market prior to two weeks, from what I read and analyzed in two weeks - this is how I invested 25K. I may have around 1K to 1.5K every month in spare to put in stocks/Mutual funds in future. So, I wanted to ask - Any comments on how am I doing? or Any pointers, How could I have diversified my portfolio better?

Favorite Answer

Your portfolio's fine as it is. Just be sure to check every so often to see how they're performing. Since you're holding long-term, they'll eventually gain. Be patient :).

Make sure you read the news for each stock as well, or have updates sent to you. If some good news occurs, and a stock rockets, you should sell it, and wait for it to drop a bit before buying back in.

• s t

You will most likely trade all your money away if you try to buy/sell stocks. All you need is a 50/50 mix of a lifecycle mutual fund, and an intermediate bond fund. Every few years, maybe ten years, their will be a big correction in the markets with blood on every street, that is the time to move some of that bond money into your lifecycle fund. Have all this inside a roth ira. Also, get the best job you can, live within your means and take care of your health. And stay off crack.

WOW! Read, learned terminologies, researched stocks, researched and opened and account, researched and bought all those stocks learned about ETF and bought 3 very good Vanguard mutual fund and after from 25k, you still have about 1k to 1.5k spare to put in more stock/mutual funds.

The way I see it, if you have been able to do all that in 2 weeks you are a genius already.

I've been subscribing to this PennyStock web site for about a year now and have loved the objective advice they give http://penny-stock.keysolve.net/

He really does look for quality stocks and I've made some pretty nice profits on a lot of his suggestions.

Being still fairly new to investing I have been dabbling a lot in penny stocks to try and grow my account. I may not have a big account, but it's a lot bigger than it was a year ago.

On just one of Nathan's picks this year I managed to make my investment back ten-fold!

Penny stocks are notoriously risky but if you follow the right method the risk is almost 0.

I suggest to invest only little money first and then reinvest the profits.

Go here for more information http://penny-stock.keysolve.net/

A lot of interested traders are asking themselves the question if you can really make money with binary options? The answer is that you can indeed make money in binary options trading. Learn here https://tr.im/4CMvI

Obviously this is a perfectly legitimate question considering that most people have not traded binary options in the past and generally believe that investing is a very difficult activity.

However, you will have to put an effort into it. You will have to learn money management, reading of charts as well as the usage of indicators.

You are correct in investing for the long term. I buy a stock and then wait a year. Then I watch it for a month or so. Then I may sell it or I may just forget about it for a few months. Then, every few months I repeat the process.

I'm making big money with binary option, I use this software ( http://forexsignal.kyma.info/ ) My software delivers signals only when the five indicators (bp trend filter, market deviation, price pattern, rel. price impulse, stat. price range) are aligned together and we have an extremely high confidence rate, it must then co-exist with my proven secret strategy before a trade be detected… as a result, we get a guaranteed Highly-Accurate ’80-100%’ Signal.