Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

How to bring out definition in muscles?

I am not really weak or anything, but my muscles don't stand out, and I'm going on a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama with some friends next spring and want to look good. What are some ways to bring out definition?

Favorite Answer

Bulk tends to come at a high energy cost to it—the more muscle on your body, the more calories you’re burning, and the harder it is to do simple tasks. Definition, on the other hand, leaves you stronger for daily activities. While you are what you eat, exercise helps. Follow a 6-day cycle of heavy upper, heavy lower, day off, high repetition upper, high repetition lower, day off.

Start With A Power-Based Exercise: Start with a power-based push or pull exercise like a heavy bench, incline bench press, a weighed wide-grip pull-up, or a weighted narrow-grip underhand pull-up. As you increase the weight, decrease your reps to build mass. For your first set, warm-up with 8-10 reps at 50% of your one-rep max—the amount of weight you can lift for one proper repetition. For the second set, use 55%-65% of your one-rep max for 8-10 reps. For your third set use 65%-75% of your one-rep max, increasing that to 70%-80% for your fourth rep for 6-8 repetitions. Finish off with a fifth set of 3-5 reps using 80%-90% of your total max. Rest for 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Push To Exhaustion: Exhaust the muscle group by pushing to the max with an exercise you can control even when you’re at the point of fatigue. Consider push-ups or a dumbbell press. Go to max effort, doing as many reps as you can, then rest for a minute. Go for one more round to break down the muscle as much as possible.

If you found this helpful, I have more free information on my blog that you may find useful.