Cadillac CTS and STS Known Major Issues?

I'm in the market for a used car, I like the Cadillac CTS and STS, but I keep hearing whispers of "bad transmissions". I can't find a "straight answer" out of Google, so trying my luck on Y!A (yeah I know).

Thanks

Best Answer

The 2008, 09, & 2010 Cadillac CTS and STS have no issues with the transmission at all. An occasional problem on the 2008 model year of both vehicles is failure of the Timing Chain and Associated Components. Failure of the Timing Chain and Associated Components will prevent the vehicle from starting. The cost to repair the Timing Chain and Associated Components is estimated at $616.00 for parts and $832.00 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65.00 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

• DK51

That was the most HELPFUL answer I ever got from anyone EVER on Y!A. Thank you VERY much KY-Clay.

• KY-Clay
      5 years agoReport

You are most welcome and glad I could be of assistance.