?
Lv 5

What is the difference between John 1:1 and Exodus 7:1?

Exodus 7:1 (NKJV)

7 So the Lord said to Moses: “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet..

Exodus 7:1 (ASV)

7  And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Is there any difference? Is it ok to say that in John 1:1 Jesus was God? But not ok to say that Moses was God?

Update:

@Norma Jean, who was speaking to Moses?

Update 2:

@biggalloot2003 so it's ok at John 1:1 but not ok at Exodus 7:1?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Gloria
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Psalms 82:1 GOD stands in the congregation of the mighty, he judges among the gods. This is saying that GOD is the supreme, omnipotent, being that is above all and that their are lesser gods who are indeed so called gods because they can perform some supernatural acts. However, these lesser gods are not to be compared with Almighty GOD for he alone is the source of all things both in heaven and in earth. There is none other that can be compared to him.

Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of Almighty God, and is himself a mighty god, yet Jesus is subject to the Father's will and can do nothing unless the Father permits it.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Let me show what

the Greek of John

1:1 is saying:

In the beginning (of all things) was* the Word (*already existed before all things), and the Word was with (face to face) <the> God, and the Word was (by his very nature) Deity.

Helps if you read also the whole chapter of John 1 for context. All Exodus was doing was making Moses God's representative to Pharaoh.

• 7 years ago

John 1:1 does not say or imply that Jesus was or is God.

Jesus said his flesh body was the Son of man.

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Matt 16:13 (KJV)

Jesus said his Spirit was the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Matt 22:41-45 (KJV)

I am aware that you do not believe, so I ask you to use a bible word search program and notice that when Jesus refers to Jesus he states he is the Son of man, but when the Christ is made reference to he is referred to as the Son of God.

The Christ is Spirit, the Son of God.

Jesus is flesh, blood and bones, the Son of man.

God the Father joined the Spirit and the flesh together and together they became a living Spirit, a Soul.

God created all Spirits and spirits.

Spirits are called angels

spirits are called man

Flesh bodies are made by the females

The first female ever made was created by God the Father and God the Father joined the first spirit called man and named Adam with the flesh of the female God the Father had created and these two were the first soul ever created

The Christ made the first male and female human flesh bodies ever made and put them and a garden that the Christ had also made. The Christ did as he had learned from God his Father, but did not have the power to create but was given the power to make from the things his Father created. The Christ made the first female flesh body and than breathed the spirit of Adam into the female and the spirit became a living spirit, a soul. The spirit returned to heaven and the soul remained on earth to live all it's days.

This is the story told in John 1:2-5 and John 1:9-14

The Christ is our Lord, and God the Father is the Christ's LORD.

Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matt 19:4-6 (KJV)

Remember Mary.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The view I see in your theory is just how we are taught in school and force to live our lives, is seeing only within the specifics of the Bible. We even have taken the Bible, when we study it, into same kind of study that we were taught to live by in this world. The Bible is our image of God. We see him through the words he has put before us. But in our living world, which tries very hard to kill that image of God by pushing us toward seeing the Bible in the specifics. Even the world helps in this try to destroy our image of God each of us have of him. We see him as perfect and did not our Jesus say, "Perfect I am not."

When you look up toward God what do you see?

We have many translations of the Bible and not one of them could destroy the image of God put before us. Division among the churches is within the specifics of the Bible.

When we close the bible after reading the last word this image comes to us from Jesus, which the world does a good job at hiding, that to enter Heaven, "We must be Born Again."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Moses is not a god by nature. God didn't turn Himself into a man.

• User
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you do not see several differences between the two passages...

then I don't know how to help you.

• 7 years ago

How does it make sense to compare Exodus to Exodus?

• Al
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The (Greek) writers of the New Testament tales had hold of the (Greek) translation of the Tanakh (OT, Septuagint), and plagiarized copiously from it, from (Greek) myths such as Attis, and from Greco-Roman cults such as Mithras.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.