Does the military payback student loans?

I'm joining the navy and my recruiter told me that the navy or military stopes that program or something like that? I have around 45k of student loans if the military doesn't pay those back is there another way to pay that off?

Favorite Answer

From the current Navy message related to LRP (Loan Repayment Program);

4. LRP POLICY: THIS MESSAGE REPLACES REF A FOR INDIVIDUALS ENTERING THE DEP ON OR AFTER 01 FEB 2014.

A. ACTIVE DUTY ENLISTED LOAN REPAYMENT ELIGIBILITY: CTI-ATF, CTM-SG,CTN-ATF, CTT-AEF, HM-SG, IT-ATF, IT-SG, MU-SG, SO-ATF.

---------------------------

In other words, it is only those listed Navy ratings that have any chance of qualifying for the Navy LRP .

So your recruiter was wrong if he/she stated the the program was no longer around(stopped).

Source(s): More info; CNRC Enlistment Bonus Loan Repayment Message Effective 1 February 2014 http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/EIncentives/N5311%20EB/EB...
    • BoatsBM1
      6 years agoReport

Thank you for the BA

I have heard this but I guess there are some conditions for this so if you do not pass these conditions then there is nothing you can do rather than paying your loan by yourself. And the answer to the question that if military does not pay those back is there any other way to pay that off have the same answer that there is only one way that is paying the loan by you.

• Mrsjvb

only one or 2 Navy ratings come with loan repayment.. and only some loans qualify. if you were not offered one of the ratings that come with CLRP,the only way to get them paid off is to ...

pay them off yourself.

yep by you actually paying it your self.

Hence the word loan that you was so happy to sign for, had the education for, now you get steady job and PAY IT BACK............

It was stopped some time ago............