Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 6 years ago

Celtics fan question for you guys?

I hate how younger kids don't get bill Russell Sam jones, Larry Bird ,DJ Danny , Kevin mchal and all other of great no respect. people said Bill had no one to go against. I laugh and said he went against , the Big O jerry Lucas. Willis Reed Wilt Jerry west Elgin Baylor Gail Goodrich. Hal Greer.

anyways. I wish they gave more of these HOF more respect

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bill Russell days were different.

Winning most of those championships, by having to win 2 playoff series. It's just not the same.

And people try to say the East is weak now hah. Imaging having to win a 5 game series to make the Finals (and playing a team that is barely over .500 in a lot of cases, or with a losing record in some years).

• ...Show all comments
    • 229Time
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1959.html

If you were a top seed you got an automatic trip to the conference finals.

Both teams they faced in the playoffs had a losing record that season. They won a championship w/o having to beat a team with a winning record that season.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

people who try and believe russell had challenge are delusional. he was just bigger than everyone. it wasnt at all like basketball we have today. defense was weak, not much strategies going on, they barely even dribbled and to get the ball down the court they just passed it lol ITS NOTHING AT ALL like basketball we have today, therefore, his championships dont count.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.