Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 6 years ago

is it ok for a 15 year old to drink Instant ATT - All-Natural Perfect Brain Supplement.?

Or is it too big and strong

If so please give me another supplement that you think is good for a 15 year old to drink.

In specific I would like a study aid pill that can good for a 15 year old.

Favorite Answer

And to address your underlying question, it is not a product that is suitable for a 15 year old to take... a few of the ingredients have specific guidelines that they are intended only for those 18 and older and I'm surprised that the main pages I can find that sell it don't mention that (although none of them list the dosages either so it might be that they are too low of dosages to be a "concern"). As a general rule of thumb, if a supplement doesn't say "teen" or "child" on it, it's intended for those who are 18 and over.

A few of them that would be more of a concern for a teen of your age are the Ginkgo (the first ingredient listed in most of the advertisements, which also has some blood thinning properties), St. John's Wort (really more for mood, not memory), and Vinpocetine (with Bacopa Monieri being a borderline one for your age). The main supplement for brain health is Fish Oil and you can find a lot of them that list "children" doses... I know at your age, you don't want to be considered a child, but the legal definition that the FDA requires they follow says anyone under 18 is a "child." I'd stick with Fish Oil for now and follow the dosages listed on the label for your age range as Fish Oil also has some blood thinning properties so you don't want to take too much of it.

Also, one thing to note is that while these ingredients nourish the brain and are often listed for "brain health," not everyone responds the same way to each nutrient and nourishment to the brain affects different people differently. It's not much different than if you feed 100 people the same diet (same nourishment), and they have the same amount of activity, some will get fatter, some will gain more muscle, and some will stay the same.

For brain health supplements, some will have better memory/recall, some will have better focus, etc. Just because you take a product for brain health doesn't necessarily mean that you will perform better on a test or studying specifically (and Gary was exactly right about that... if everyone responded that way to a supplement, then everyone would take it), but you will probably notice some benefit from some variety of this type of product.

From my personal anecdote (which I know the skeptics hate), I've tried several different "brain health" supplements and have had some that worked better for me than others, but I've also talked to MANY people about those same supplements and have heard very different responses (which is why I point out that different people respond differently). I've had some that helped my short-term recall, some that helped my long term memory (which doesn't help much in testing), and some that even helped my brain where the effects are more noticeable in everyday tasks like typing. Good luck and I hope I helped!

Source(s): Health/nutrition classes, personal experience in using similar products, and personal research in my role as a Product Specialist for a vitamin company

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Or is it too big and strong

Source(s): 15 year drink instant att natural perfect brain supplement: https://biturl.im/H97Ha
  • Gary K

No such supplement is going to improve your brain in any way. They are all based on ingredients used traditionally to improve brain function, but none of them have been proven to work in controlled scientific studies. They don't even do proper testing on the product itself. If it were that easy no one would ever fail an exam, right?

Gary K is absolutely correct.