So liberals...if you are so adamant that the IRS did nothing wrong, why do 57% of Americans think differently?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberals don't understand why they can't use the IRS to target conservatives.

• M
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

THe pole did not ask 100% of Americans in order to get to 57% of Americans.

The Gov. computors are as old as hell, the fact that old technology does not have problems and people are making this up is silly.

This is about tax exempt status. this did not harm the Tea Party, stop the Tea Party or hinder anything they want to do.

Where is the crime if no one was damaged. That is what makes this whole thing stupid,

In a court of Law you have to present how you were damaged and therefore how you want to be compensated for that damage. In this case nothing from nothing is still nothing. Unless Fund Raising is the point of the whole thing.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I have no idea whether the IRS was doing illegal things or not but in answer to the question; considering a large majority of US citizens think evolution is an unproven theory despite the capability of animals to develop drug resistance kind of suggests that maybe American citizens are not the sharpest blade in the box!

• 7 years ago

Because people are free to think differently.

I find the whole IRS targeting thing intensely interesting, because in addition to targeting "tea party" groups and the like, the IRS also targeted groups with "progressive" and "occupy" in their names (left-wing groups) and indeed the only group that had their tax-exempt status actually revoked was a left-wing group (the Maine chapter of Emerge America, which trains Democratic women to run for office)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Polls are completely invalid in a country where you have a right-wing propaganda machine pumping out lies, fake scandals, myths, distortions and stereotypes and too many Americans being brainwashed by same.

Look at the difference between acceptance of Romneycare and Obamacare: same type of program, but only one was hampered by tons of lies.

Furthermore, we never said they did nothing wrong. They came up with a wrong solution to a problem that they wouldn't have had if the rule had been enforced correctly. They were trying to whittle their workload because their budget had been cut, and they did it in the wrong way, but of course they targeted both conservative and liberal groups. You know that, right?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I see no reason why the IRS couldn't target a group any group and wonder where they get their money. why the hell should I as a citizen not think if the mafia or a millionaire can laundry or hide money a political group couldn't. I think the IRS is insuring not only citizens are audited but groups as well.

• 7 years ago

So. The opinion of the American people are irrelevant. According to a 2012 Gallup Poll 60% of Americans favor passing a 30% tax on incomes over a million. Been a lot of Conservative action of that one, huh?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1714/taxes.aspx

• 7 years ago

Well, most conservatives still believe that god created the earth six thousand years ago, and wont believe in science in anything that contradicts either the bible or corporate profits, so what they believe isnt really that relevant anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.